Sunday, March 29, 2009

Tough Questions Series

This morning at church I announced our upcoming sermon series after we finish the book of Ruth. I have placed a box in our entrance, with blank 5x7 cards, and have asked the entire congregation to write down any question that they may have and place it in the box. We are calling the series: "Tough Questions: The Believers Guide To The Christian Life".

Everyone has questions, but very few ever find answers. I am not pretending to have all the answers, but what I am trying to do is to create an atmosphere that people feel comfortable asking the tough questions of life. I am highly encouraging everyone to be involved, and I pray that anyone who has questions will feel safe to write it down and put it in the box.

After four weeks of taking questions, I am going to pick 12, and as a church we are going on a 12 week journey into God's Word to seek answers to these questions. I would like to invite any of you who read this blog to drop questions that you may have in the comments section that I may use as well. I am very excited about this series and pray that each person in our church finds answers to the questions that they have.

4 comments:

Liana said...

Neat idea! :-)

preacherman said...

Cool.
I think it is great.
I always love the tough questions.
I think it is the tough qestions that challenge us and help us to stretch our minds and faith. I think it is so sad that so many believers especially pastors try to avoid the tough questions. Fear is huge barrier for many when faced with tough questions.

preacherman said...

Scott,
I hope and pray that you have a great good friday and wonderful Easter Weekend.

It is so great to see you back blogging. Your blog is one of my favorites.

Keep up the great work!!!!!

Johnny B said...

Hey bro,
I'm excited about this series, too. I hope and pray that everyone will come forward with some of the tough questions on their hearts. I'm still trying to think of one tough enough to stump you... Just kiddin' Praying for you.