Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Quote of the Day: Spurgeon On Salvation

"Dear friend, salvation would be a sadly incomplete affair, if it did not deal with the whole part of our ruined estate. We want to be purified as well as pardoned. Justification without sanctification would not be salvation at all. It would call the leper clean, and leave him to die of his disease; it would forgive the rebellion, and allow the rebel to remain an enemy of his King. It would remove the consequence but overlook the cause, and this would leave an endless and hopeless task before us. It would stop the stream for a time, but leave an open fountain of defilement which would sooner or later break forth with increased power."
-Charles H. Spurgeon

2 comments:

jeleasure said...

Scott,
I like Spurgeon. This was a good pick for the day.
Sorry I have not been around to visit your blog. I was dealing with my messes. I wrote about it on my blog. I don't know how anyone will understand it. The post had to be vague to protect those who have no interest in sharing their roll in my problems of the last two weeks.

Scott Packett said...

Jim,

I checked out your post, and applaud your honesty and hope things get better soon. I'll be praying for you. Glad you liked the Spurgeon quote.

Scott