Monday, August 25, 2008

Quote Of The Day

"On the most basic levels, I desire fullness, and fleshly lusts seduce me by attaching themselves to the basic desire. They exploit the empty spaces in me, and they promise that fullness will be mine if I give in to their demands. When my soul sits empty and is aching for something to fill it, such deceptive promises are extremely difficult to resist.

Consequently, the key to mortifying fleshly lusts is to eliminate the emptiness within me and replace it with the fullness; and I accomplish this by feasting on the gospel. Indeed, it is in the gospel that I experience a God who glorifies Himself by filling me with His fullness. ...This is the God of the gospel, a God who is satisfied with nothing less than my experience of fullness in Him!...

Indeed, as I perpetually feast on Christ and all His blessings found in the gospel, I find that my hunger for sin diminishes and the lies of lust simply loose their appeal. Hence, to the degree that I am full, I am free. Eyes to not rove, nor do fleshly lusts rule, when the heart is fat with the love of Jesus."

-Milton Vincent

No comments: