Saturday, September 22, 2007

Awesome Night!

As I said in my last post, God provided me with a great opportunity tonight. Allyssa and I got invited to the local high school, McMinn Co High School, to watch their football game, and then we were invited to go hang out with the students after the game.
The game was awesome. It went into double overtime, with McMinn getting the win, but it was what happened afterward that made the night incredible. I tell you it was the first time that I have ever gotten the chance to talk (preach) at 10:30 at night, and to be honest I was a little anxious about it. I am glad that God is always faithful, because although I was tired, he gave me the strength and the message that I needed to get through the night.
Knowing that a lot of the kids that were there, probably had never set foot into a church, I had to figure out a way to convey the gospel to them that they would be able to understand. I spoke to them about being on Jesus' team. According to the response, by means of raised hands, there were at least five out of fifty that said that they needed to commit their lives to Christ for the first time and about 15 that needed to recommit their lives to Christ. It was amazing.
I know that the seed has been planted, and now these kids are without excuse. Now it is up to God to work in the lives of these kids. I am just honored that God allowed me to be the voice that planted those seeds. Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better night. It was worth the wait, and to God be the glory. He is just awesome, and He continues to amaze me at how he can use someone like me to do His work.

No comments: